I’ve been called a lot of things, but not often “sweet.” Perhaps…intense, stubborn, opinionated, but I digress.
Of course the one who deemed this blog to be the recipient of the Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award is indeed a sweet lady herself. And she’s prone to baking awesome strawberry shortcake. That’s Barbara Robinson, writing as BJ Robinson. Author of SOUTHERN SUPERSTITIONS and LAST RESORT. Check out her blog, Christian Inspirational Fiction, also nominated for the Sweetest Award. http://barbarajrobinson.blogspot.com/
The rules for the Irresistible Sweet Blog Award are that nominees thank the person who nominated them, nominate at least ten other blogs and contact them to let them know, share seven random things about yourself/your blog. Here goes…
My Ten Nominees for the Sweetest Award…
1. FAY LAMB ~ http://faylamb.com/ontheledge/on-the-ledge/ On The Ledge, an interesting, topical blog surveying the writer’s world, with tons of humor
2. LORILYN ROBERTS ~ http://lorilynroberts.com/blog.html An inspirational blog about homeschooling, animals, biblical topics, parenting, politics, and of course writing
3. STACI STALLINGS ~ http://stacistallings.wordpress.com/ Books From The Heart, reader reviews, Bible study, fiction/non-fiction, and more.
4. LINDA WOOD RONDEAU ~ http://www.lindarondeau.blogspot.com/ This Daily Grind, author interviews, inspirational topical articles
5. JANALYN VOIGHT ~ http://janalynvoigt.com/blog/ Live Write Breathe, creating worlds of beauty and danger, living a writer’s dream
6. TRACY KRAUSS ~ http://www.tracykraussexpressionexpress.com/ Expression Express, author interviews, the arts and inspiration
7. VIRGINIA TENERY ~ http://agatharemembered.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default?orderby=updated Agatha Remembered, showcases the best in faith-based fiction
8. WENDY L. YOUNG ~ http://wendylyoung.wordpress.com/ reviews, interview, guest posts, author resources
9. ELLEN C. MAZE ~ http://thejudging-ellenmaze.blogspot.com/ Curiously spiritual vampire tales-the blog, geared to the discerning reader, reviews, author interviews
10. TERIC DARKEN ~ http://tericdarken.blogspot.com/ Dark Domain, a really sweet guy blogging about faith found in the darkest of places.
Here iare seven random things about me and/or the Crime Fictionista blog…
1. I have a passion, go absolutely bazonkers for a suspenseful, page turner of a crime fiction novel. And I go round the bend for detective novels.
2. I’m a graduate of the Fashion Institute of Technology (NYC) and worked in the bridal industry. In the world of fashion I used to hear the term “fashionista” bandied about. So, I thought, why not a Crime Fictionista? And the idea for the blog was created as well as a neat moniker for moi.
3. I love the quality of contemporary inspirational crime fiction (mysteries, romantic suspense, thrillers, detective novels) and can’t wait to showcase these new novels when they come out. I love finding a new author I’d not been to familiar with before.
4. I enjoy immersing myself in research in the post WWII era in American history. My Sanctuary Point series showcases that period in this country’s history in my breakout novel BURNING HEARTS (arson/murder and romance) and GOODBYE NOEL (Christmas/New Year’s/winter themed).
5. I’m fiercely loyal to other authors. When I really like a book or author I’ll promote that author with vigor.
6. I’ve been an animal rescuer for about 28 years. In this time I’ve found homes for about 40 cats and dogs. I have a house full of the less adoptable one, the quirky ones, more antisocial and reclusive one. I’ve also rescued and released baby squirrels who fell out of the nest.
7. I’m very proud of my social worker husband who’s assistant director in the substance abuse program of one of the craziest public hospitals in New York City. If I need an off the wall druggie character, I simply ask my DH for a profile for a particular drug and its effects on a person. I’m equally proud of my teenage daughter who has auditioned for three of NYC’s public art high school and also applied to one oceanography high school, as weather and oceans is her other passion.
Ain’t That A Kick In The Head by Dean Martin