You’re being forced to leave your home. Hurricane. Tornado. Tsunami! Whatever. You can only pack what you can fit in your car. Hubby and the kids (even the one who was moody all day yesterday and said at dinner your food stunk … the kid didn’t know how close she came), and Fido and Kitty. Emergency stuff like a first-aid kit, a few warm blankets, portable radio, and batteries.
Your little one is crying. Ok, she can take her plus purple Barney toy. We are taking essentials here. And, of course you’re taking the family Bible. So, don’t put it on your list. It’s not fiction anyway, but the Word of God.
Your preteen (yep, the snarly one) has got her Hanna Montana pillow. And Hubby’s taking twelve old issues of Sports Illustrated he says are practically antiques and in all probability worth something. You’re being extremely gracious not pointing out two of them are swimsuit issues.
Here are mine. Mind, I am a crime fiction nut, so as good as some of the romance and women’s fiction books on my shelves are, they won’t make my list. And natch, most of mine are Christian fiction.
2. The Last Detective (Elvis Cole series) by Robert Crais
3. Comes a Horseman by Robert Liparulo
4. The Last Coyote (Harry Bosch series) by Michael Connelly
5. Allah’s Fire by Chuck Holton and Gayle Roper
6. Hideaway by Hannah Alexander
7. The Watchman (Joe Pike) by Robert Crais
8. The Merrilee Kramer series by Gayle Roper (4 little books, OK, I’m cheating)
9. Bloodwork by Michael Connelly
10. Boo (1st in The Boo series) by Rene Gutteridge
11. Spring Rain (Seaside Seasons series) by Gayle Roper
12. Killing Floor (Jack Reacher Series) Lee Child